Book Now - UV Resin Classes and Workshops in Oakland and the Bay Area
This fun and simple craft can be used in so many ways.
- Make jewelry and accessories that can be worn within a few minutes
- Build up layered designs or use simple techniques to add charms, glitter, love tokens, memory items - for example a first tooth or a lucky penny
- Use inclusions that represent your interests and hobbies - from tiny unicorns or butterflies to sewing notions like pins and snaps
- Make a huge variety of things, from earrings and pendants to popsockets, coasters and bottle openers
- Gender neutral - plenty of things to make regardless of gender
Unlike epoxy resin, this is a simple, low odor process that sets in minutes. Ideal for anything from a tween/teenage (11+) birthday party to an adult's night in. It can be effective as a corporate make'n'take or as a sit down workshop.
How it works:
- I arrive at your location and set up the class - using table coverings to protect your venue.
- When we're ready to start I give a quick ten-minute tutorial showing what is possible and how it works.
- Everyone starts making their first item using all the supplies provided.
- After 30 minutes additional techniques can be explained and shared as desired.
- At the end everyone walks away with their finished items, and I return the room to its original state.
- Tables and chairs away from direct sunlight (which would cure the resin). Each person needs the same sort of amount of space as if they were at a crowded dinner table.
- The smell is less strong than nail polish, but ventilation is still advised. An open window will be fine.
- Power sockets for me to plug in several extension cords for the low-power uv lamps.
- Snacks and drinks
- I bring everything else!
Cost & Booking:
There is a materials fee of approx $10/person depending on what kind of things you want to make. My additional hourly rate is approx $100 (workshops are usually two hours) but depends on location, number of people, timing and so on. Contact me for details - I'd love to work with you on this!